Would you ever put two stamps on a letter that requires only one?
Of course not, so why continue to pay more for postage than the USPS actually requires?
Many people do not realize the USPS charges substantially lower postal rates for customers who organize their mail before putting it into the system. In addition to the substantial savings, this pre-sorted mail travels quickly to its destination.
Postal Presort & Barcoding Software
Why Postal Discounts?
When you drop a letter in the postal system, it begins a long and complex journey. First, it is sorted according to regional destination. After being delivered to the regional center, it is sorted again to determine the local Postal Office. Then it is sorted again to determine the carrier, who may again sort it to arrange it in an efficient delivery order.
By using ProSort, you will be able to presort much of your mail before it makes it to the post office. ProSort is USPS PAVE certified and will also barcode envelopes and labels to make your mail automation compatible. By utilizing ProSort correctly the USPS charges substantially less for postage for large mailings.
Postal Pre-sorting Made Simple
You once had to be a postal regulation expert to take advantage of presorting discounts. Easy to use ProSort, with its simple interface, changes that. By simply stepping through the ProSort fields and providing information such as class of mailing (First, Periodicals or Standard), type of output (file, envelopes or labels), size and weight, you'll be on your way to substantial cost savings.
ProSort supports First Class, Periodicals and Standard Class presorts. With support for dBase, DBF and ASCII file formats, ProSort works with all the popular database applications. ProSort even prints the proper postal forms (including 3600 series) required by the USPS for postal presort discounts.
- Enables you to take advantages of Postal discounts offered at most sortation levels allowed by the USPS.
- Presort lists generated by dBase and ASCII mailing list or database management programs.
- Equipped with the standard defaults that reflect the USPS presorting requirements so you don't have to learn the complex USPS presorting rules and regulations.
- Produces corresponding USPS forms, statements of mailing, mail preparation listings and facsimiles of all USPS required reports to ensure reliable and speedy acceptance of your mail at the Post Office.
- Generates a Delivery Point Barcode for your addresses and prints Delivery Point Barcodes on your mail pieces, moving your mail quickly through the USPS and ensuring your mail arrives at the specified destination faster than any other method.
No Importing needed!
- Updates database file with presort sequence numbers or tray, sack, package and piece numbers.
- Adds an optional endorsement line to name and address records, reducing labor involved in mail preparation.
- Calculates local SCF, BMC and DDU discounts.
- Automatically generates barcode labels for mail containers.